Library plays a vital role in the search of knowledge. It serves as the workshop for the entire college – students and faculty alike.
Shailendra College Library aims to support the teaching learning activity in the college and also provide the students updated knowledge and to ensure the optimum utilization of the available resources. Our mission is “Prajvalito Jnanamayo Pradeepah” which itself signifies the importance of Library in the College environment.
The Central library is situated on the top floor of the college wing. It occupies about 1934 sq. ft. and can accommodate about 100 students at a time. The library is provided with proper ventilation, lightning & fans.
DISTINCT FEATURES OF LIBRARY
- Our Library is fully computerized with the implementation of SOUL (Library software from INFLIBNET) along with Bar code system. It is upgraded to SOUL 2.0.
- Two library cards are given to the students at the time of admission to borrow textbooks, General books & periodicals.
- Annual membership to Ex – students of the College
- Reading membership to external graduates pursuing professional courses.
- Visiting membership to the students of other Colleges to use the Library for their reference work.
- Special card given to the students doing professional courses like ICAI, ICWA, ICSI etc.
- Scholar card to the SY and TY students who achieve excellence in their studies
- Interlibrary lending
- Regular display of new arrivals in the library; Newspaper cuttings on Career guidance, current topics.
- Library reading room is kept open on Sundays and Bank Holidays during examination days.
- Free Internet access to students and staff
All students must make use of the library facility to enrich their academic excellence.
- Only bonafide members are allowed to enter the college library on the strength of a valid Identity Card, which must be produced as and when it is demanded by the library staff or college teaching staff.
- Complete silence must be maintained in & near the library.
- Students should not bring Walkman or any electronic instruments and eatables inside the library. Using the Cell Phone in the Library is strictly prohibited.
- Infringement of the library rules will result in the withdrawal of the library facility from the students.
- All cases of the violation of rules will be reported to the Principal for suitable action.
- In case of any difficulty, readers can approach the Librarian.
- Co-operation of the students is earnestly sought in observing the rules.
Mrs. Anuja P. Jadhav - Librarian
Mr. Chandrakant Jogle - Library Attendant
Ms. Sampada Naik - Library Attendant
Mr. Ashish Chavan - Library Attendant